Young Ambassador Programme
The Cameron Bespolka Trust (CBT) was set up in memory of Cameron who was a passionate birder and naturalist.
Our aim is to continue Cameron’s passion by sponsoring events for young people from every background so that they can learn about nature and conservation. To help us do this, we are looking for young naturalists to join us.
What is the role of a Young Ambassador?
These are just some of the activities you can be involved in:
- Inspire and instil a love of the natural world
- Spread the word about CBT and what we do
- Be part of our events
- Recommend opportunities to the Trust
- Set up local projects to help wildlife and nature
- Write and submit articles/blogs on the projects you have been involved in (minimum one per year)
- Spread the word on social media
- Be role models for the Trust by giving talks, holding walks or other in your local community or school (minimum one per year)
- Share information and ideas with your fellow Ambassadors
- Communicate on a regular basis with CBT (by email)
We want to give you the opportunity and support to share your outstanding wildlife knowledge, skills and passion to inspire others.
You are in a great position to talk to and influence other young people and promote the importance of nature and the need for conservation.
What we provide:
- Funding for approved projects
- Exclusive T-shirts for Young Ambassadors with our new logo
- Young Ambassador’s Badge
- Annual conference with CBT Trustees and Young Ambassadors
- Travel expenses and incidental costs covered (upon approval)
- Skills training and tuition/guidance
- Excellent experience and great for your CV
- References and support
- Website to support your work
- A regular Newsletter informing you about the Trusts new goals and aims.
How to Apply
If you are a young enthusiastic naturalist under 25, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, age and details and answer the few questions below.
- What part of the natural world inspires you the most? (100 words max)
- Why would you like to be a Young Ambassador? (100 words max)
- How would you help us reach other young people as a Young Ambassador for the Cameron Bespolka Trust? (100 words max)
- Do you belong to any relevant organisations?
Please also add your social media addresses.
Please also note we have a limit of 12 Young Ambassadors at one time.
If you are aged under 25, this could be a great opportunity to raise your profile and help inspire the next generation of naturalists.